The rankings of players and coaches with the highest income in the year, are led by Argentines Lionel Messi and Diego Simeone, respectively.
Continuing the trend of recent years, the magazine ‘FRANCE FOOTBALL’ has published its traditional list of the world’s richest footballers and technicians today. This time the data for this year 2020 are collected.
According to the French magazine, the gross salary, premiums and advertising income accumulated for the current 2019-2020 season are taken into account. Under these parameters, Argentine Lionel Messi leads the ranking of players and his compatriot Diego Simeone commands that of the coaches.
The Barcelona star entered his accounts about 131 million euros. With this figure he surpassed the Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo (118 million euros) and the Brazilian Neymar Júnior (95 million euros), which are in the second and third place, respectively.
As for strategists, Atlético’s helmsman takes the top spot thanks to the 40.5 million euros that this course received. With this amount of money he surpassed the Italian Antonio Conte (30 million euros) and the Spaniard Pep Guardiola (27 million euros), which are in the second and third place, respectively.
In addition to the global lists, ‘FRANCE FOOTBALL’ also dedicated some pages of its latest edition to the revenue of local players. This time there has been room for the richest of Ligue 1, Ligue 2 and women’s football. Here are his rankings:
RICHEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD
– MALE FOOTBALL:
1. Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) 131 million euros
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus FC) 118 million euros
3. Neymar Junior (Paris Saint-Germain) 95 million euros.
– LIGUE 1 DE FRANCE:
1. Neymar Junior (Paris Saint-Germain) EUR 48.9 million
2. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) EUR 21.2 million
3. Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint-Germain) 18.4 million euros.
– LIGUE 2 DE FRANCE:
1. Tino Kadewere (Le Havre) 720,000 euros
2. Guillaume Gillet (Racing de Lens) 480,000 euros
3. Hervé Bazile (Le Havre) EUR 470,000.
– FEMALE FOOTBALL:
1. Carli Lloyd (Sky Blue) 480,000 euros
2. Megane Rapinoe (OL Reign) 415,000 euros
3. Ada Hegerberg (Olympique de Lyon) 400,000 euros.
WORLD’S RICHEST COACHES
1. Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) 40.5 million euros
2. Antonio Conte (Inter Milan) 30 million euros
3. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) 27 million euros.